Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Springtime Tablenosh Re-cap


Last Saturday night brought my second to last tablenosh dinner in Sydney!  I was a bit slower to finalize this menu but the recipes finally came together on the day.  The theme should have been 'S' because that seemed to be the common thread.  It was a family-style meal which worked really well and meant lots of great interaction around the table.

The Aperitif: Strawberry Mint Cocktail

Starters: Spicy Prawn Balls w/Coriander Dipping Sauce
              Stuffed Mushrooms with Ricotta, Pesto & Pinenuts


Salads:
Mango, Avocado, Tomato & Feta w/ Cos Lettuce & Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Baby Spinach w/ Caramelized Walnuts, Roasted Capsicum, Goats Cheese & Crispy Proscuitto
           
Main:  Baked Whole Snapper w/ Garlic & Herbs
            Baked Whole Snapper w/ Cherry Tomatoes, Lemon & Chives
            Garlic, Chili & Coriander Prawns
            Grilled Corn & Avocado Salsa
            Crispy Roasted Potatoes
            Pan-fried Asparagus


         
Desserts: Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble
                 Chocolate Truffle Cake
                 Vanilla Bean Mascarpone Custard

I was quite pleased with the fish considering it was only my second time ever really cooking a whole fish, I think the guests were happy too!  They were whole snapper and I basically just stuffed them with different herbs and lemons and some garlic, very simple and easy.  The men at the table did a great job of figuring out how to cut them up, since I had no idea.

The evening was filled with lots of laughter and chatter, it was a great vibe and a great group of people.  I am still amazed it actually came together since I was off to an extremely late start with everything.  Thank goodness for my fabulous sous chef Jen, she was my backbone for the night.

We finished off the evening with tea and coffee and then a splash of dessert wine.  It really was another great tablenosh dinner, I can hardly believe the year will be coming to close soon with my big finale in November.

0 comments:

Post a Comment