Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

healthy muffin recipe (i made this one up)

We have joined a fruit and veg co-op! I am very excited about this, however it does mean I have more carrots than I know what to do with! So, this morning I decided I would make some healthy muffins and use carrot. I looked at a few recipes and then fudged one together myself:

3/4 cup Plain Flour
3/4 cup Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbls butter
1 egg
3/4 cup of juice (apple & strawberry)
1/4 cup milk (I used non-dairy oat milk)
1 shredded carrot (about a cup)
1 shredded apple
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
a sprinkle of flax seeds

Mix it all together. And bake on 400 (205) for about 20 minutes. They are pretty good, very moist. I made a little cream cheese spread to go with the one I ate. I suppose I could make them into mini-carrot cakes if I wanted to serve them for dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment